In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, April 18, 2011

An Idiot Abroad

Looks like I'm set to become the next Karl Pilkington - next year's trip is set to be Peru and Machu Picchu. Costing it out now and I'm really loving the idea of adding another of the seven World Wonders to the list of places I've been.

Peru - Machu Picchu, set for winter 2012
And if that wasn't crazy enough, I have enough vacation time this year to also make a quick jump down to Mexico to visit Chichen Itza and Tulum. It's the second job idea that's killing me (more on that later) to be able to afford these additions.

Mexico - Chichen Itza
Mexico - Tulum
And that's not all friends! As some of you know, I've placed my name onto a wait list for a possible 2013 departure to Tanzania, Africa to summit Mount Kilimanjaro! Yep, definately needing a second job!

Tanzania - Mount Kilimanjaro

In other news relating to this year's India trip, I've been taking a break from writing and editing the movie as I am 1.5 weeks away from moving into my new apartment and I've got a lot on the go at the moment. Once settled in, I am certain that I'll have lots of time to get back to work - once the paint has dried that is.

And now, the idea of a second job (weekends) is really starting to sink in - not sure I like the idea of losing my social life, but if it means the difference between standing on the top of Peru at Machu Picchu or not, well, I'll take the second job. Only need $400 per month put away to be able to do Peru for next January ($4000 total or so). Damn... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment