In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Surprise outing for 2014 - Mexico Redux

So my best friend is getting married in Mexico City in January and I've found both the money and the time off to be able to go for the occasion and of course to eat and drink myself crazy for a week. A return to Mexico certainly wasn't in the cards in the foreseeable future and I am exhilarated to once again walk those crazy streets! I had the idea of possibly taking a bus to Oaxaca for an over-nighter to walk those crazy streets again as well, but the 8-10 hour bus ride there and then back again make it prohibitive within the time constraints. Another time, for sure... the mushrooms can wait. LoL!

At least there are a bunch of us going this time around, so there will be plenty to keep us occupied - markets, tequila induced levels of self loathing, Teotihuacan and lots more. Best part is that its a flight only affair - accommodations are with the family of my best friend, so really, a cheap week away, all things considered and certainly feeds into my annual need to be up and away.

But the plan is still on Morocco for later in the year following Ramadan...

1 comment: