In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 4: Tulum and Akumal

I'll be honest, Tulum was a whirlwind leg of the trip and the internet access was really slow, so I waited until coming back home to write these portions of the trip. I stayed out with my new bunkmates a little late Sunday night to go grab a late dinner and to get acquainted with everyone at the hostel. A great bunch, mostly from France, with one girl from Russia. Went and had some Mole Enchilladas with a nice big glass of Jamaica - cost 65 pesos.

In the morning, I had an amazing breakfast (photo courtesy of Cam) of fruits and a main consisting of a nacho cup filled with rice, spiced hamburger and veggies, washed down with fresh coffee and a passionfruit, strawberry smoothie. After digesting and playing with the resident coati, Oscar, I jumped into a colectivo and headed 20 minutes north of Tulum to Akumal to snorkel the reefs and to my supreme pleasure, to swim with gigantic sea turtles! Also saw cuttlefish, stingrays and loads of fish!

At night, I met some other denizens of the hostel (Davis from Montreal and three girls from Germany, Lisa, Lisa and Catrin) and we all went for dinner in town - what a fucking bike ride! We all made plans to head to Akumal again tomorrow to see the turtles, including Amina from Denmark. That sums up the day rather well - photos to follow.

Breakfast at Posada Los Mapaches (Thanks Cam!)

Oscar playing in the tree near my room

Sea Turtle at Akumal!

Stingray at Akumal - I was a little afraid to be so close!

Me at the beach after my snorkeling adventure

More to follow folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment