In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 6: Tulum and Coba

Oof - what a hangover. We all stayed up drinking until 4:30am, knowing full well that we'd be hiking the jungles of Coba today and climbing the tallest climbable pyramid in Mexico. Got up at 7:30am and waited until 8:00am for breakfast. Lisa and Catrin were leaving today, heading to La Candelaria in Valladolid, but we were all going to go see Coba first, before they caught their bus and I caught mine. What an adventure! Coba was surreal! We even sat on a ruin and ate sandwiches - how cool is that?

The climb up the pyramid was pretty tortuous for some, but I made my way up in good time - winded and sweating like a pig, but hey ... I didn't at 39 (almost 40) get beat up to the top by a bunch of 20-somethings! LoL! The view from the top was astounding. I was shooting with the big camera, so there aren't as many photos as I normally would have, since I'm shooting in RAW format, and they hog up 11 megs per photo and my card was rapidly filling up. I did get quite a few though, so worry not!

After spending an awesome day in the jungles at the ruins of Coba with the girls, I caught my bus back to Tulum and was SOOO tired, that I didn't even make it out for a final dinner with Cam and Amina, who were leaving in the morning for Chetumal and Belize. We did do breakfast the next day though. I had to share my room with two obnoxious guys who kept farting and snoring all night though. It was funny at first, since I was so tired, but then it got just downright too much. I was tired! Eventually I drifted off, and slept until the next morning, no problem at all! Photos?

Coba - yep, its a jungle in there!

A ruined temple you could somewhat climb up

Another cool ruin you could walk on and through!

I mean, it was jungley in there!

About to mount the castillo

Looking down at fellow climbers

The view from atop the castillo
Thats more or less the day - didnt do much else, although I wish I had've seen a cenote or two, just for the sake of a nice cool swim! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment