In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 7 & 8: Tulum and Cancun

You can tell by the difference in times, that there wasn't much to write about here. On the Thursday in Tulum, I went shopping for some last minute gift items and then had breakfast with everyone I'd met that was still at the hostel, before heading into Tulum to board my bus to Cancun. The ride was uneventful - I slept the whole way; the week had drained me.

Its tough to be constantly on the go, trying to get it all in, because you feel you may never be back that way again. And most people would tell you that this is the wrong way to do it. Me, I know how large this world of ours really is and I want to see it all! I can't for the life of me think why I would visit anywhere twice when there is so much more that I haven't seen and experienced. But that's just me - it doesn't have to be your philosophy at all. In fact, unless you are exactly like me, I would recommend you follow everyone else's sage advice and take things slowly.

Cancun was literally nothing more than a stop for the night until my morning flight so I did *very* little aside from eat, grab some other last minute items and sleep. And have a proper shower... :)

And, as has been noted, I am back home, it's snowing and I fucking hate winter. Life goes on, much as it always did, and I eagerly await the next adventure, be it to Italy or to China. In fact, China is the plan for late 2013... but you will be reading all about that over the course of the next 18 months no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment