In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

One more time, into the breach...

Just a few scant hours remaining on the homefront until we ship out for parts unknown - okay, not really, the parts are quite known to most of our crew for the week, but hell, it sounded good and I can be honest, there are going to be lots of things I will see this time around that I've yet to see, as I will now be seeing things only locals really know about. And you know? That is really fucking cool in my books. You know, as a backpacker, I normally use the internet or guide books to find cool stuff - but you know what? So does everyone else - there really isn't any "finding secret things" or "doing as the locals do" anymore. Not unless you are doing a home stay in a foreign country - then and only then do you get the 'real' experience. Just imaging all of those little places one may overlook as unimportant on a backpacking trek has fired my imagination! I so cannot wait for this adventure to start!

The Alchemist Conundrum has been resolved - it comes, as it was always meant to.

Last minute things to do but for the most part, ready to get the fuck out of here and this -30c bullshit. At least for a little while...

No comments:

Post a Comment