In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Feeling weird this morning...

One of my friend's arrived in Kuala Lumpur yesterday and was talking about some of the day one adventures they had and it's really got me itchy. I so want to be away again, lol. Its the hardest thing sometimes, wanting to be an eternal traveler but knowing that at some point you need a place of comfort to come back to. Its a dichotomy. I don't want all of the material possessions that anchor me to my home so I can be free to just travel and enjoy everything our human civilization has to offer, but at the same time, knowing how long and how hard I've worked to get all of the creature comforts I take for granted every day. I have to face facts, I'm not getting any younger here and at some point, I will need all of this stuff when I can no longer strap on a backpack and just go...

But I digress. The reality is we have a 9 to 5 culture and breaking away from that entirely is impossible, no matter what anyone says to the contrary. At some point we simply need to stop. But that's not today. :)

So my friend is in Malaysia, actually two of them, and two more leaving next month - it's all work related, but still - it's away. And it's got me seriously pondering things...

No comments:

Post a Comment