In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Almost there - aka No Godzilla!

I am sitting in Narita International Airport, totally unable to upload any of my photos from Japan today as the internet devices here (100 yen / 10 mins) have no USB ports. There is a gold card lounge, but I will not be taking advantage of their services nor pricing.

The flights went smooth as silk, but now I have Malaysian Airlines flight to Kuala Lumpur to stress over, lol. Slept for the first half and had a little cat nap in the second half. Am now well transitioned to the time differential between here and home. Reversing this on the way back and jet lag will be all but non-existant, I am sure.

Went out tonight into Narita to a noodle house and had a ramen soup with tempura shrimp, seaweed and smoked daikon radish (some spinach in there too). It was SOOOOO awesome! Certainly better than what we call ramen soups back home. :)

But, to my great dismay, counter to all evidence I've seen my whole life, there was no appearance by Godzilla. Oh, but there is a typoon on the way, as I found out on the place - makes landfall sometime tomorrow. I think my flight in was at the good time; between a volcano erupting and a typhoon coming ashore.

Still ... Godzilla would have been awesome to see :p More from KL, including photos ... off to check in through customs and await the last leg of this flight. And then there is only like 10 more flights to worry about in the coming two weeks :p Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had your first foodgasm of the trip buddy, to many more to come!

    ReplyDelete