In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Camcorder Is A Nightmare!

There were many times on my trip when the battery would die on my main camera and I'd have to fall back on the 5 megapixel stills that my Picsio is supposed to be capable of taking. But as I'm retouching them in Photoshop tonight, I'm really noticing the artifacting that is introduced by variant lighting scenarios in each shot. If it wasn't a clear sky with full on sun, things get pixelated or smoky looking, which is a big difference for daylight shots. I'm kinda pissed to be honest... I never really noticed this until I got these photos onto my machine here with its 1080p monitor. Ah well, I will do the best I can to reduce the artifacts, but still... at 5 megapixels, you'd think the detail would shine through, no matter the difference in sky quality.

Here's two I've touched up so far... both from Delhi (Jan visit).

New Delhi - Elephant near Pahar Ganj
New Delhi - a Thali (Indian sampler)
More to come as I work... the work is progressing and I am excited to be able to show this stuff. Still, the variant quality is pissing me off...

No comments:

Post a Comment