In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, March 7, 2011

Delhi, Istanbul, Toronto, Montreal and Onwards...

My final day in Delhi was spent helping Teemu find a Versace  handbag for his girlfriend and doing my final last minute shopping. We went for a morning banana lassi to help calm Teemu's upset stomach, which in the end only made things very bad for me ~ India's farewell kiss to me I call it - LoL! Lasted until Saturday morning (thanks Imodium).

My flight out of Delhi was delayed due to excessive amounts of fog, but only for an hour or so, which we made up for once in the air. Istanbul was a security nightmare (7 securitiy checkpoints to go through), with mandatory Polio vaccinations for anyone that hadnt had one recently. Got some real Turkish Delight there for my step-dad, and I have to say, it was very tasty (I sampled some in Turkey).

Total flight time was just shy of 20 hours, yet calendar wise, I left India and arrived in Toronto on the same day thanks to the reverse time zone crossing (10.5 hours worth). LoL - when I cleared customs and exited departures, I guess I've changed so much that my own mother didn't even recognize me! LoL! Poor mom - scared the shit out of her I did...

Im now on the bus heading from Montreal to Quebec City. I'm jet lagged, fully bearded and quite hungry - but no meat please! I cant even handle beer... sad, I know. Looking forward to seeing all of my friends again - I've missed you all more than you can know; more than even I thought I would (sounds bad I know, but it wasnt meant that way).

I can't quite yet put into words what this trip has meant for me. So much has changed and is changing every day - and that's okay, you know? Life is about change and growth and challenges. I could sit here and tell you all about the various revelations I had, but they would mostly be meaningless for you, sadly. Just take my word for it, the me that you knew doesn't come around much - that part of me is a mirror now.

Well friends, see you soon... this will likely be the final post from the road. After this there will be nothing more to show, nothing more to share. Until India 2012.. interested parties may start applying within to join the misadventures!!!! LoL! No seriously... Im going back.

Some final photos seems a good way to wrap it up... One from each place I spent some time. And when I had them, photos of the great people I met along the way...

Delhi - Red Fort
Rishikesh - Lena lighting her puja candle
Agra - Me excited about being at the Taj Mahal
Jaipur - Entrance to the Pink City Markets
Pushkar - Lake Pushkar and the Ghats at sunset
Jaisalmer - Great Thar Desert Sunset with Camel

Bikaner - The Ellies - Bartering skills galore! And good teachers too!
Jodhpur - The Mighty Merhangarh
Udaipur - Laundry day at Lake Pichola

Mumbai (Elephanta Island) - Nice pose!

Goa (Palolem) - Maria and Petra from Slovenia

Hampi - And yes, it still blows my fucking mind...

Goa (Colva) - A fishing boat

Orrcha - One of my best, I'd like to think...

Khajuraho - Likely the prettiest thing in that dirty shit-hole!

Varanasi - The long awaited Bhang Lassi photo emerges!

Delhi II - The Lotus Temple
And thats it friends... no more photos for you (Picture nazi, much there Riddle?) ... you'll now have to wait for the movie to come out. Soon... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment