In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, February 20, 2012

Final Prep

Just four short days until departure for the land of the mayan sorcerers and a whole new batch of media to chronicle the neverending travels of this idiot abroad. In the final stages of trip prep - called my bank and credit card company yesterday to put travel notices on my accounts so they won't freeze them once they notice my cards being used in another country (good advice to use should you travel anywhere!). The last thing I'd want is to need cash and not be able to get it, or heaven forbid, have the machines eat my cards as stolen or something! Fuck, that would so suck!

Other than that, its all about optimizing my packs and being sure that I have everything I need and nothing I don't. I think I've gotten it down to the essentials to make the trip a success. It's pretty much down to those last minute things you forget about before going ... mostly household chore crap that you don't want to have to deal with when coming home. How prosaic is that? To be worried about getting the laundry and dishes done before take off? LoL!

Just a few more days and then its off to Chichen Itza and Ek Balam and of course, all the great food that only Mexico can provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment