In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Two weeks and counting...

Getting ever closer to single digits until departure day! I can almost hear the waves of the Caribbean washing ashore at Tulum, if I close my eyes - but then images of all of the great food I'm going to eat springs into mind. One thing I am very eager to tuck into is fresh sea urchin - mind you, it's only the roe, or eggs, that you eat, but still ... fresh from the sea, with that buttery, lobster-like flavour and texture? I'm sold - and I'm sure it won't be costly at all.

And thinking about sea urchins is making me imagine all of the great underwater shots I'll have from this trip. Kinda wish I had've done some in Goa last year, but didn't want to chance damaging the video camera, so far from home and with a long road ahead. This trip, oh hell yeah, its going underwater. The chance to film manta rays, moray eels, sea turtles, etc is just too awesome an opportunity to pass up!

Two more weeks until I can replace the hammock I left behind in Toronto all those years ago - two more weeks until I can tie it up to some palms and just chill the fuck out, swaying in the breeze. Life is good my friends, doubly so when you travel...

No comments:

Post a Comment