In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 5 - delhi and Rishikesh

I realize I havent been keeping up to date here... its been so time consuming that Ive let things ride for a while. I will try to sum it all up so far, as best I can.

New Delhi is schizophrenic, but at the same time, awesome! It takes about a day to get used to the smell and the noise, but after that its smooth sailing - until you step out onto the street. Its mayhem!!! Still, that being said, it doesnt take long to learn how to navigate the streets. And the food! My goodness, but its excellent! The best yet was a street vendor selling hard brown potatoes covered with salt, chilis and lemon juice. Sounds strange I know, but I ate it constantly, about 2-3 times a day. And each bowl only cost 20 rupees (about $0.35 CDN).

I am currently in Rishikesh beside the Ganges river in the Himalayas... its peaceful here. The kind of place Ive needed for a long time. However, in two days, I leave to head 12 hours south for Agra to see the Taj Mahal.

Heres some photos:
Me at the Ganges in Rishikesh

Monkey at Rishikesh - Lakshman Jhula Bridge






No comments:

Post a Comment