In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jaipur, Ajmer and Pushkar

So I went to Jaipur after Agra, which turned out to be just the same sort of ripoff city as Agra was. dont get me wrong, it was nice and unusually clean for an Indian city. Its a large city, with just under a million people. Very busy place! I got hit by a motorcycle there... nothing too serious aside from a very sore leg (sorry for not mentioning that to you Aude.. didnt want you to worry). The Hawa Mahal was very nice, and the people were great! Overall, and excellent intro to Rajasthan. Unfortunately, it was as expensive as Agra, so it was in and out. Which kinda sucks, because I didnt get to go see Amber Fort. MAYBE if time allows, I'll go back to see if I missed anything.

Leaving Jaipur, I took a train to Ajmer, where I didnt stay long enough to see anything. I went straight from the train to the bus depot to catch a 30 minute bus to Pushkar where I am now... and BTW, that bus ride was only 10 rupees (roughly $0.20 CDN). Been in Pushkar for 2 days now, and am planning to stay for another two. Its really beautiful and holy here, and cheap which is the bonus after Agra and Jaipur. After this place, I'll be heading to Jaisalmer for some camel rides and Bhang Lassis! Wahoo!

Me in front of the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur

A chilli and curry vendors display in Jaipur

Pushkar Lake and holy ghats

A view of the desert around Pushkar
So its almost 30 degrees today, and its 4:00pm, so I think I'll head off and watch the sunset in the mountains now... have a good time all. Miss ya and will post a new update once Im in Jaisalmer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment