In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 8 - Rishikesh And Onwards...

So I had booked an overnight express to Agra for tonight, but it got cancelled as of this afternoon as I was the only passenger booked on it! Fuck me... anyways, the travel agent got me on another bus, this one going to Delhi (fuck me#2). Thankfully I am only there for 2 hours before catching the train he also booked for me to get to Agra and the Taj Mahal. So, by tomorrow morning at 10:00am IST (11:30pm EST) I will be in Agra. Today I just chilled out on the ghats and walked around soaking in all of the peaceful atmosphere here that I could. Agra is going to push me to my limits with all of the pushy touts there trying to get me to buy this or buy that...

How about some pictures??? One in particular - I got swarmed by about 30-40 kids today, visiting Rishikesh from the state of Gujarat... I dont think theyve seen many white people in person - they were snapping photos with me like there was no tomorrow. They mustve taken about 20!!! So, I got my due and got one with as many of them as could be gathered without announcing it to the whole ghat! It was just one of those VERY fun moments in life...

Me and the kids from Gujarat!

The spiciest chips I've ever eaten! Wish we had these at home!

Saying goodbye to some negative things...

I don't think they had his size... either way, he wanted to look!

Alpha Male Macaque en route to the waterfalls
Agra tomorrow and Rajasthan to follow... enjoy the weekend friends and loved ones! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment