In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holy Varanasi = Holy Shit!!!

Friends, I have finally made it to the end of my voyage - I am in the holiest city in Hinduism, Varanasi. This has been what this whole trip has been about, getting me here to this place. I dont have any photos to share with you, as I just arrived last night at 10:30pm and now (9:30am) I am just acclimating to the madness that is Varanasi.

Varanasi is unapologeticially shameless, chaotic and in your face. It takes no prisoners. I've already broken down once this morning, which I guess is good - its why Im here. The ghats are incredible! Theres an amazing mixture of pilgrims, sadhus, tourists, babas, cows, goats, dogs and chickens! Its incredible to watch the boats plying the water, ferrying tourists and pilgrims on their way up and down the Ganges. The colours of all of the passersby is astounding - there's so much for the eye to catch. Today is explore day... tomorrow...

Listen, I've got many things I need to attend to here, and I may not be back online for a few days. But I don't want any of you to worry - I am fine, healthy and ready to face whatever challenges this place has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment