In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, February 18, 2011

Palolem, Hampi, Mumbai, Delhi and Orccha

Been a hellish few days of non-stop travel! I feel nasty dirty and need a shave hardcore. Check it out...

Day 1: Leave Goa to go to Hampi
Day 2: Leave Hampi to go back to Goa
Day 3: Leave Goa to go to Mumbai
Day 4: Fly to Delhi and take a train to Jhansi & rickshaw to Orccha

Crazy... I feel like Ive been on the road forever. But that part of the trip is over. Now its time to relax and visit beautiful Orccha, Khajuarho and Varanasi, with stops in Sarnath and maybe Kushinagar. The last two mark 2 of the 4 spiritual pilgramage sites for following the life of the Buddha, Sarnath were Buddha gave his first sermon and Kushinigar, where the Buddha died and was cremated. Quite eager to see these holy places, since I've been seeing so many of them.

Palolem was awesome - I miss it soooo much right now. But Hampi was worth leaving Goa for and so far, Im really enjoying Orccha. It was very nice to stop over in Delhi for a few hours too. Some of the Kashmiri vendors even remembered me, which was nice!

So, I have two weeks left on the adventure ~ not sure how I feel about that. Im kinda stressed out a little bit thinking about how to re-adjust to life back home since Ive been on the road for so long. And there's all those habits Ive picked up on the way that may not be the best things socially for me to do. And then there's the whole, you know, where am I going to live while I rebuild my bank account and look for an apartment. These things are really playing havoc with my brain right now, and only because I know the trip is almost done. Anyways, Im here to see some beautiful palaces and temples and by god thats what Im going to worry about for now. That and a shave from a local barber (yes, my beard is too thick to consider shaving myself with a dull razor).

Oh, and not only am I out of Excel, but Ive just drank my last Lemonade and Tang packets...

Okay, enough rambling... here's your photo update:

Helping to wash Lakshmi, the Temple Elephant

Posing with the Sadhus

The Temple Bazaar at Hampi

The Abandsoned Bazaar at Hampi (kinda Jungle Bookish, huh?)
Thats it for now... more in the coming days. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your trip and stop thinking about other stuff. Everyone at work is anxious for you to come back. I think I heard someone say that we needed you back lol. Love you and miss you Joer take care. Oh and I saw Aude last friday for the first time since the barberie.

    ReplyDelete