In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, February 4, 2011

Jaisalmer, Bikaner, Deshnok and Jodhpur

Lots has happened since the last post, and as you can see, I've been on a whirlwind of city hopping! Literally from Jaisalmer on the 2nd to Jodhpur on the 4th... and I'm exhausted! LoL! But I've got tonnes of good photos! Stopped in Bikaner for a day to go see the Karni Mata temple in Deshnok (the rat temple). It was as fucked up as I thought it would be, and you KNOW I took lots of photos there. Even managed to sneak some video in too!

So, it's the 5th and tomorrow I leave Jodhpur for Udaipur - really looking forward to it. I'm about a week and a half away from being in Goa (Beaches baby!!!), with a stop in Mumbai (Bollywood baby!!!) for a few days. Gotta stop there for a transfer on the train anyways, so may as well stop for a few days and visit Elephanta Island and see the CST train station - maybe go find Shah Rukh Khan and get an autograph (I wish!).

The weather in the desert is really agreeable this time of the year! It may be in the low 30's, but its dry so not too bad. A week from now it'll be in the 40's and humid as hell - thank god the ocean will be right there! Anyways, time for some photos!!!

Jaisalmer - Sundown from Sunset Hill

Jaisalmer - Happy Cookies from the Bhang Shop

Bikaner - Teaching english in a primary school!

Deshnok - Karni Mata Temple

Deshnok - A rat sleeping in the middle of a gate!

Jodhpur - Yes, live, free roaming parrots!

The Jodhpur Fort - Amazing fort to tour!

Jodhpur - Me on top of the ramparts looking at Blue City
Thats it for this installment. And yes, Bhang Lassis and cookies were awesome! Too bad they wouldnt let me take pictures or videos in there... I know you can in Varanasi, so I'll do it there. So, see you all in the coming days in Udaipur!

No comments:

Post a Comment