In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, February 21, 2011

Orccha

All I can say about Orccha is that it is beautiful - it lived up to my every expectation (and I had high hopes for it, its been one of the top sites for me to visit). Its a small town of about 10,000 people or so and you can walk across town in 5-7 minutes. Lovely place, full of lovely people and amazing temples and palaces.

I discovered some candy here that I just cant get enough of call Mango Bites. Theyre like Jolly Ranchers, kinda, but sweet green mango flavour; I bought 40 of them for the road! LoL!

I also rediscovered Pakoda, an amazing fried dumpling type food make from flour, egg, cilantro, green chillis and onions (curry too). Theyre a great snack, especially with hot sauce! Yummy... and 10 rupees per 100 grams makes it almost a meal in an of itself.

I finally got caught up on my rest in Orccha, which was nice after the ordeal of coordinating a 3 day tranvel plan from Hampi to Orccha.... feel much much better.

Photos???

Raj Mahal - The Maharaja's Palace

Me on top of the Raj Mahal - minus the usual hat!

Royal Centotaphs (Burial Tombs)

An honest to god vulture on top of the Centotaphs

The centotaphs from across the river
Thats it for today... Im in Khajuarho today, so am going to go soon to visit the Kama Sutra temples... cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment