In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, December 4, 2010

40 days and counting...

Today marks 40 days until departure. I am really starting to feel the time lessening now. Soon it will be a month to go and then two weeks and then two days, etc... you always feel the passage of time keenly when waiting for something. This trip will be marking a new phase of my life and I look forward to it eagerly with the abated breath a child feels on Christmas Eve.


Just to pump myself up a little bit, I want to post a few photos of things I will be seeing very shortly with my own two eyes. Above is the blue city of Joghpur, a recent addition to my itineraryy. Located in the center of all of my destinations in Rajasthan, it was a no-brainer to add it into the mix, especially after seeing this picture. Another place I am eager to see is Gadi Sagar in Jaisalmer, also in Rajasthan.


And then there is Hampi, located in Karnataka state. So what if I won't be going to the pyramids in Tulum and Chitzen Itza this year. I'll be seeing temples that look like pyramids and they will be much older.


That's enough photos for now. All of the research and photos I've been looking at are starting to dull the excitement of seeing them for myself. This is the one downfall to being so over-prepared for this trip. I've gotten to a point where I'm starting to feel like I've already been there. I don't want to erase the magic of the trip and it's discoveries.

But then, there is only 40 days to go... how much damage can I do to my excitement level in that short amount of time???

No comments:

Post a Comment