In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Relativity of Time

Time is a funny thing to measure. Sure, we have clocks and other means at our disposal to quantitatively measure the passage of time, but our individual perceptions of it are vast. And within the confines of those differences, there is the paradox of how we perceive time in the micro and macro scale.

For example, things are very slow at work at the moment. I feel the passage of time drags on indefinately. But at the same time, no matter how slow it may seem in the moment, each second is bringing me closer to my departure from Quebec, Toronto and Canada as a whole. Even though each hour seems to take forever, and I feel as though time is infinite, I know at the same time that I am running out of time - there's not enough left. There are things I really want to do before leaving, and I worry that I won't have enough time to do them.

Yeah, so time... very relative, very quantum and definately something to give one a headache when pondered on for far too long. But I can't help it - I'm quickly loosing what available time I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment