In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Three weeks!

Wow! The time passes fast when you are occupied. Every day that passes brings me a day closer to my destination, and I am both thrilled and terrified. But not in a bad way, of course! I'm imagining all of the little cultural shocks I'll go through before I even get there. Maybe its a good thing though, as it might soften the blow somewhat.

The one thing that isn't easy is knowing that I will be leaving everyone behind for three months. Its not that its such a terribly long time, but you've all become my friends and my family. I've grown very accustomed to our rituals and knowing they won't happen for a period of time is saddening somewhat. I will think of you all constantly while away. Yes, you will be missed...

On the upside, I'm getting pumped for all of the wonderous things I will be seeing, both in a good sense and a negative sense. To be fair, I think I am most excited to see those things we just would never see here in Canada, like cows walking into a shop and laying down on the floor. Or elephants blocking traffic on the highway. Or even, heaven forbid, a human body floating in the Ganges.

Im starting to consider the liklihood of acquiring a cell phone in India too... just to make booking hostels easier, and also should I meet people on the road, so we can arrange meetings for traveling together. Gonna go do that research this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment