In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, December 24, 2010

Two weeks To Go

I am a mere 14 days away from beginning the adventure! 90% of the things I need to do to be ready for departure are done. I have all of my shots and medications and pretty much everything I'll need to survive on the road. I still have to wait to start my Dukoral treatments until next week, but it's in the fridge and I don't need the doctor for that. I also need to go to the pharmacy and get my Zithromax (antibiotic pills). There's still a few things I'd like to purchase before going to Delhi, but that will have to wait until next week (what with being Christmas and all).

I've got my first week in India all booked, so that's kind of exciting! I've got my initial hotel booked for three days at Kuldeep Guest House in Pahar Ganj in Delhi until the 18th. From there, I have my train booked to take me to Haridwar, where I'll transfer to a bus heading to Rishikesh for 5 days. In Rishikesh, I'll be staying at the OGS Tourist House (pictures below), which is a few kilometers outside town, but that's perfect as it will be peaceful. Not to mention the fact that it's got free WiFi, Satellite TV, hot water showers and american style toilets, all for the low low price of $4.48 (Cdn) per night!

 OGS Tourist House - view from the river
OGS Tourist House - The Ganges from the Hotel
The plan after Rishikesh is to head back to Haridwar for a day to see some sights, including the Ghats and a gigantic statue of Shiva before heading south for Agra and the Taj Mahal! The plan is to spend 2 days in Agra and then head west into Rajasthan for 18-20 days. After that, the idea is to head to Mumbai, but we'll see... the weather may change all of that, being cold in the desert and all. I may want to rethink things and head down into Goa and Kerala first and them come back up to Rajasthan.

So, its Christmas Eve Day, and I don't feel the season at all...but that's okay, you know? I'm going to be on the trip of a lifetime in a mere 15 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment