In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Week One In India

Sitting here this morning adding up the costs for my first eight days in India, and thought I'd share them with you all.

Hotel - $21 (for three nights in Delhi)
Food  - $12 (for three days in Delhi)
Train - $3 (to go to Haridwar)
Bus - $0.50 (to go to Rishikesh)
Hotel - $18 ( for four nights in Rishikesh)
Food - $16 (for four days in Rishikesh)
Bus - $.050 (to go back to Haridwar)

Grand Total: $71 (approximate)

And since I was allocating myself $105 per week, I've come in way under budget! Almost a $35 savings. Of course, one of the days calculated above is in the second week too, so there is that to consider. From Haridwar, the bus only runs overnight (12 hours) to get to Agra, so I save a night of hotels there, and the cost is a mere $5.50 - not bad!!! The savings from week one will be good though, as Agra is quite costly (in backpacker terms). The Taj Mahal itself is $20 to get in... but oh so worth every red cent!

No comments:

Post a Comment