In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, December 12, 2010

One Month To Go

Another typical Canadian winter morning here in Quebec. The wind is blowing the snow everywhere, so it makes for the sort of day where you just don't want to even think about going outside. Which is fine, I've got plenty of reading to do anyways in preparation for some destinations that I've been neglecting to research. I've been focusing mainly on Delhi so that I'm well prepared for my first few days.

The last couple of days I've been trying to do some research on the other big cities I'll be visiting like Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. It's difficult to find good information though that is truly handy. What I have found, and its to be expected, is that the bigger cities are just out to gouge money from tourists, and they seldom provide those things they advertise. Really starting to reconsider my plans for these places. Im not interested in being fleeced at every turn, nor am I really all that eager to be robbed, which seems to be a big problem. No matter though, I do still want to see these places, so I will be going. The question of how long I stay at each remains in doubt. Mumbai is definately going to take at least 2 days, but Chenna and Kolkata? I don't know - there isn't much in either place that attracts me. To be honest, they're in itinerary because they are both large commercial centers with great transportation options for getting to other places.

One month to go, well 33 days to be exact. I leave Quebec City in exactly 28 days for a 4 day stint with the family and then, whoosh! Off I go... the waiting is the hardest part. I'm ready now, to get there and start the adventure, but also to be away from here. It feels like I'm in a holding pattern and the days are just so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment