In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years - 2 Weeks To Go!

Happy 2011 everyone!

All the best for the year to come, replete with joy, love and prosperity. I for one am quite happy to see 2010 go on it's merry way, and more than exhilarated by the mysteries and possibilities for 2011. If the last few weeks are any indication for what the new year has in store for me, I am stoked to see what else will follow! Suffice it say, I am very much in love with life right about now.

In other news, I have but two weeks to go until I am in India! This is my last week at work and in Quebec for three months, which is kinda saddening, as it is exciting.To be fair, I am just as excited for the return home as I am for the trip itself. There's always a kind of letdown when you come back from a trip of any extended nature. Call it reverse culture shock, call it what you will. For me, it will mean a new home to decorate, a new neighborhood to explore and new friends I've yet to meet. I will be so busy when I come home, that I won't have time to melt down. And that's seriously exciting, having all of those cool things to look forward to doing ~ it totally takes the edge off! The only caveat to the whole business is finding a place to live in that has a kitchen that meets my requirements! LoL!

So I went this morning to MEC and bought pretty much the last of the gear I need for now. The rest, as Ive said many times over, I can buy cheaper in India. Todays list was small - a headlamp, a bear bell (actually for Tigers and Jaguars in my case) and other small items. What's missing that I need? A watch, some immodium (I can buy that there) and little else. I'm pretty much done and ready to go, right now..

But my heart is heavy.

The only consolation I can offer myself is a direct quote from Paolo Coelho's excellent book, The Alchemist:

“My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer,” the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky, “It doesn’t want me to go on.”

That makes sense. Naturally it’s afraid that, in pursuing your dream, you might lose everything you’ve won. Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams.”

And nothing I could ever say to myself would be as poignant as that. I can totally see myself as Santiago right now. So, I will follow my dreams, and leave the rest to fate. If things are meant to happen, I have to trust in life to make it so - the music is already playing and all that's left to do is to get carried away in the dance. And oh what a dance it has been so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment