In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Bought Some Gear - Started Packing

So this morning, I did a video test to see how the new camera looks in morning light - I was impressed with the colours. The zoom absolutely sucks, but what can you do for a fixed lens camera at $200. I'm going to do another test at around noon local time to see how that looks - I'm sure it will be crisp!


Just got back from MEC. I just had to start buying those items I know I'll need on the trip. And since for the next week I am living so close to it, I couldn't pass up the time to go do it now. When I move out of the apartment, I will be too far away to make it feasible.

So this morning I bought:
  • A role of nylon thread @ $2.50
  • A money belt to wear under my pants @ $9
  • A mosquito net @ $20
  • A retractable cable lock (24") @ $9.5
  • Protective cover for my backpack @ $9

Grand total for this mornings trip to MEC was $56. There are still a few items I need to buy, but they can wait until the next visit. I intend to buy a head lamp, a toiletries bag and maybe  a travelers alarm clock. Although, it may be cheaper to buy the last two somewhere else. I don't know yet. I'm going to look around at discount stores to see if I can find something relatively the same, but cheaper. Cost is everything right now.

I also spent some time last night stocking my first aid kit. MPie was nice enough to let me pilfer through hers for sterile syringes, latex gloves and varies types of wipes, some small bandages and gauze pads. I do need to buy some polysporin and more band-aids though, of varying sizes. You can never be too safe when it comes to health and safety. I will need to get some immodium and pepto bismol soon too. I've got tylenol, tiger balm and other small items I'll need to keep in top shape. All of that is now packed in my backpack.

Later today, I have to begin packing my belongings to move out of the apartment, so I'll likely just stuff the summer clothes I'll be taking to India in the backpack too. May as well do it now so that I don't have to dig through boxes and the like later to do it.

Okay, got a lot to do today, so until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment