In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, November 8, 2010

Doctor's Appointment is a Go!

Got word back from the travel clinic that my appointment is set for Nov.22 in the morning! This is great news ... however, the costs are brutal. Okay, reasonable, but still... $30 just to talk to the nurse? And then it's another $20 to have the doctor give me the shots, which incidentally I have to pay for and then submit a request to my insurance company to reimburse 80% of total medicine costs (the $50 for consult and injection is not covered).

Sent word to the clinic today also to get the drug codes for the injections I want (Dukoral, Twinrix, Typhoid) just so that I can verify that they ARE in fact covered. I know twinrix is, but the others??? This is something you should do also if you plan on taking a trip... be sure youre covered before agreeing to the drug.

Still... in the end, its much better to be safe rather than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment