In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh Fuck! What Am I Thinking???

Now Ive got it into my fool head to finish off my Indian Adventure with a jaunt into Thailand... this can't be good for my bank account! Although... it doesn't seem so bad now that I'm pricing it out...

But there is a hitch. Getting back to India may be hard, if not impossible because of the stupid two month between visits law... There may be two ways around this though, and I'm researching them in earnest.

1. Apply for a special circumstance from the Indian Mission. I dunno if I can do that from India or not though. I'd need to have my flight booked to Chiang Mai, Thailand, with a return date. Looking into this one, as the flights are easiest to book while there (and cheap too!)

2. Book the flight to Chiang Mai, and have it land the same day I want to leave India. If I don't leave the airport, I won't need to use my travel visa. This seems sketchy, but in theory it could work.

Thailand... oh you crafty mistress! This is all my friend Alex's fault... she left today for a 30 day trip.

EDIT: Too many conflicting reports on how this works... I guess I'll just phone the consulate tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment