In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Preparing a Checklist

So I'm sitting here on this gloomy cold Sunday morning researching what the average backpacker takes with them to India. I've been compiling a list of items that I personally feel I should bring from home for my trip.

Clothing - 4 t-shirts, 1 long sleeve shirt, 2 pair of shorts (1 day wear, 1 swimming), 4 pair of underwear, 3 pair of socks, 2 pair of pants (1 cargo, 1 jeans), 2 bandanas, a ball cap, a fleece sweater, rain coat, flip flops and a good pair of shoes.

Toiletries- Soap, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Toothbrush / Toothpaste, Sun Screen, Mosquito Repellent, Multi-Vitamins, Purell, Wet Wipes, a few packets of kleenex, conditioning shampoo, condoms (you never know).

Essentials -  Ear plugs and eye mask, Microfibre towel, Sleeping bag liner, Ziplock bags, Mesh Laundry Bag, Money Pouch, Money Belt.

Electronics -  Power adaptor (110v-220v), flashlight, Travel Alarm Clock, iPod and Charger,Camera(s), extra XD card for camera, Calculator.

Books - Lonely Planet India Travel Guide, Traveler's Journal, a book to read, Phrase book.

Printed Items and Cards -  Passport/Visa, Flight Tickets, Travelers Cheque(s), Photo ID, Photocopies of all important documents (some to take, 1 set to leave at home), Mastercard, ATM card, Extra Emergency Cash.

Extras - Backpack lock and chain, padlock for hotel rooms doors, small locks for bag zippers, empty pillow case, First Aid Kit, Mosquito Net.

This list is by no means exhaustive nor is it too much for a 50L backpack and day pack. I'm sure I can find room for other things I may want to bring, but in reality, there really isn't much more I think I'll need to bring. I can buy most anything in India cheaper than here anyways, so if I do find I need something, I can buy it while abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment