In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Camera Time!

Soon  I will be going to the bank to activate my mastercard and ensure that I have a pin number for ATM withdrawls. And I will be going to Future Shop to purchase my very own 1080p HD camcorder! I've opted for the JVC WP-10US waterproof pocket camcorder.

Smart looking little bugger, isn't it? Not only is it waterproof to 10 feet, but it also shoots video in 1080p, or 720p (my preference). It also has stereo audio recording, and should I wish to use it, it can double as a voice recorder, saving audio journals in mp3 format. Apparently this little unit will shoot video at 1080p with stereo sound (AAC format) at a rate of 30fps and only rack up 1 gig of memory for every 10 minutes of video shot. Of course, I will be opting for 720p, which will give me more storage space, and I've read that I can alter the fps from 24fps (film), to 30fps (tv), and all the way up to 60fps!

It also has a time lapse feature so I could in theory do one of those sunset sequences somewhere (Jaisalmer?). It also takes pictures too, and can store 10000 photos on an SD card.

The unit I am looking at is currently on special for only $199.99, and it comes with an 8 gig high speed SD card. Will that be enough for what I want? I dunno... In theory that's only 80 minutes at 1080p, maybe double that for720p. Its included free though, so maybe I'll just go with that and resort to offloading the camera every once in a while in India, when time and Internet cafes are present.

At any rate, its going to be a full day of preparation for my trip! I may even run over to MEC after going to Future Shop to start buying those little necessities like the mosquito net and money pouch. More to follow... maybe even a demo movie from the new camera!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment