In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Destinations Pt.2

I love this place! Only India could offer you so much to see and do. Its almost as if with every click of the mouse, or every turn of a guide book page, you come across something else that you just have to see. Suffice it to say, I've scrubbed my list somewhat and trimmed off the fat (re: places that finally don't appeal to me). But, in doing so, I found new places I am dying to see. There were places I'd wanted to add, but for the amount of time it takes to get there and back to my regular route, it simply wasn't worth it. Ah well, I will go see that rat infested temple some other time. :)

So, Pune, Pondicherry, Udaipur and Mangalore have been cut. In their place I've added Jaisalmer, Hampi and Thekkady (gotta do the whole elephant in the jungle thing). I've also allocated some time to go see Sarnath when in Varanasi, and stop at Khajuraho and Orchha on the way back to Delhi. The last two are right in line with the train back, so it won't be so bad. New timing estimates have been updated to cover the estimated train lengths as well. I've opted to take as many night trains as possible to cut down on my hostel costs.

All told, I am looking at roughly 10 days of transit via train or bus, again, most of it at night. And my allocation of stops for touristy activities is at 43 days. That gives me some leeway of 7 days or so to extend if someplace really grabs my goat. And again, I can always cut days at a specific place too, if I'm running low on time or if it just sn't working for me.

The adventure just keeps getting wilder and wilder and I'm not even there yet... just under 2 months away now!

No comments:

Post a Comment