In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Video Test

Okay... just a stupid little video to test what it looks like. Shot this at 720p just because its going to downrez anyways on youtube or whatever. Starting to get dark out, so the image isnt as crisp as it should be in broad daylight. Not much to be done about that, it is what it is for a $200 camera. Although, I am not unhappy with the result, with the exception of the microphone - seems a little thin and doesn't pick up my voice too well. Again, a $200 camera. Its more for the imagery it'll capture anyways, as I know I'll do voice overs on all my vids when I get back... And now the test...


Well, the conversion from the raw mp4 HD format to windows media format (Windows Movie Maker) took some of the clarity out of the video and introduced some artifacting, likely due to the interpolation and down rezing. Still, for an internet video (like Youtube), it isn't too bad. But the reviews were right - this camera is not that equipped for low light situations. Good thing I plan to sleep at night when in India... LoL!

EDIT: It looks like absolute crap now... Movie Maker down sampled it to 480p and now the blog site has downed it again to 240p. Seriously... if this is the quality when compressing, I'll be glad to be making DVDs from my trip footage... damn thats pixelated!!!

EDIT #2:  Gonna try uploading directly to youtube at 720p and see how that works out (sending the original mp4 from the camera). Obviously I wont be able to do that lter when I cut my trip video together, but by then I should have a solution to reducing the distortion.

 

Seems to work A LOT better, but still defaults to 360p when you first start watching it... BUT, you can change it now to 480p and 720p... glad I didnt do the test in 1080p! That looks so much better and gives me hope that I can send home small videos to people while away.

No comments:

Post a Comment