In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Destination Spotlight: New Delhi

In order to pump myself up and to have a hard copy record of the things I would like to see and do in India, I've going to start a Destination Spotlight for each place I'd like to visit. I'm starting today with the first city I will be in, New Delhi. I'll start with a map I've created using Google Maps.

(Click to enlarge)

For New Delhi, aside from the obvious localized sight seeing that will occur in and around Connaught Place and Paharga, there are 7 key things I'd like to see.

1. Indira Gandhi International Airport  - Obviously I want to see this, it means Im in India!

2. India Gate

3. Jama Masjid

4. Red Fort 

5. Raj Ghat

6. Humayun's Tomb

7. Lotus Temple

I'm sure there are other things I would love to see, but these are first and foremost in my mind. Just planning to do these little jaunts all over Delhi is really bringing this home! I am going to Delhi!

No comments:

Post a Comment