In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, November 12, 2010

Prepaid Travellers Credit Cards

So, I've been trying to get a prepaid credit card for my trip. My bank, BMO, offers a prepaid mastercard with the usual security features of a regular card without all of the hassle of applying for the real deal. This one does nothing against your credit rating, good or bad. There is no risk to the bank, so it's just a simple application and a telephone interview et voila!

Suffice it to say, my card is on the way now and should be here in 7 business days. The beauty of the card is that it is valid for 3 years, has full protection, has a one time fee ($10) and is usable anywhere in the world, just like a normal credit card.

You load money on it, via online banking in my case, and whatever is on the card, you can use right away. The upper limit for this type of card is $10,000!!! Minimum balance is $100..

So... now I have the means to buy my flight online as well as book my hostels and trains. Just need the visa and passport returned before I can do it. :)

Life is good! And the game is afoot once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment