In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Friday, September 27, 2013

And though finished, the adventure continues

Seriously, as if the tree incident of yesterday was not enough, today there were adventures a plenty and they almost made me lose all the sanity I have left in me, lol. We´ll get to that in a moment, first, the lead-in. Woke up rather early to the howler monkeys just giving it in the jungle behind the hostel. Did my packup, laundry and then went and had breakfast on Playa Negra one last time, all the while snapping last minute photos. Mostly of the hostel, as I plan to do a write up about this place, as it was simply incredible - I enjoyed everything about it, honestly. Great co-guests, great staff and an amazing ambiance. More on that in another post.

Come 9:00am, I wanted to pull some money out since my card had actually worked once and I figured all was well at that point. Not so. The accident from yesterday must have fucked the connection to the Cirrus network again, because no way in hell was my card going to work. No, that would have been too easy - and nothing is ever easy. Suffice it to say, it didn´t work at all today, not even here in San Jose at a fucking Scotiabank. I had to rely on using the mastercard and that was an exercise in testing my patience too as most places want a passport for tourists using credit cards to avoid fraud. And of course, loaded up with food for the day and a load of Marlies, no passport of course, and can´t get anything.  So yes, figured, wait, San Jose is a major urban center, the machines will work there. Nope. And getting the hostel here and the cab I took to get here to take mastercard nearly made me just walk to the airport tonight... fml.

Speaking of FML, did I mention some German tourist lost her phone on the bus coming to San Jose, and suspected theft and requested we stop at the nearest police station? Oh yes... they lined us all up outside and searched our bags. Then they verified passports. And as they were splitting women and men into two lines for a strip search, the phone was found on the bus, at the back, under a seat... saved by the bell.

So yes, a very trying day on my already unsteady nerves... so cannot wait to get home and actually have a bank machine work for me. Better yet, to have access to paying with debit period, which does not exist here. LOL!

But hey, dont get me wrong, the adventures are fun after done and they do make for great stories. I´m just really tired and tired of not having money at my reach. Whatever, day is done, all is arranged for transit to the airport tomorrow morning. How about the daily dose?

Last use of my mozzy net for a while

Imperial, the beer of choice in Costa Rica

Artistic shot of a flower

And of water beads on a plant

And of another flower
The beach in town near the bus stop

Seriously, they ARE that big and BIGGER

... and fucking ugly too!

Dog digging for crabs in the sand

The main strip of Puerto Viejo

Storm brewing in the central valley

Not just brewing, coming in strong

Oh shit, the bag search begins...

... and starting to line us up for strip search.

Great cloudy mountain in the central valley

Coffee terraces - finally found one cool enough to shoot!
Okay kids, thats the limit of my patience for the day... wont be any new photos tomorrow as I will be in transit pretty much all day and spending the night in the airport in Montreal Saturday night waiting for my ride to QC at 6am Sunday. No matter what adventure happens tomorrow, lol, we´ll catch up on Sunday or Monday. Cheers and thanks for coming to see the things that I have seen for the 2013 excursion...

No comments:

Post a Comment