In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Technical Stops Are Bullshit

So I have this thing, called a technical stop, in El Salvador on the way to San Jose from Toronto. I've had them before - let people off, bring others on, lay in some extra fuel, etc... but now I am being advised that this is a complete change of planes. All in a 45 minute window? Somehow, knowing Central America as I do, I feel that this will not be the case. I have this crazy feeling that it will be more like the two hour affair my friend recently went though on her flight. Man that sucks - especially since there is an identical stop on the way home, and I really do not want to miss my connecting flight from Toronto to Montreal... the joys of connecting flights are never ending, lol! :)

Mental Note to Self: No connecting flights for the 2014 excursion.

But really, in the end, what the fuck does a technical stop or plane change mean, when my ass will be parked on this beach at Playa Uva and many others just like it for the week? I'll tell you what it means - absolutely nothing at all. :)

Playa Uva, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

No comments:

Post a Comment