In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pre-trip Life at Home is Boring as Shit

Yep - Because I totally know what I am in for, nothing here at home is able to keep my interest. I find it extremely difficult, at best, to do even the most basic and mundane things. For example, I've been trying to watch the Hobbit now for an hour and a half ~ I'm 22 minutes into it! Knowing what lies ahead is certainly making things seem incredibly long to get through.

Me, I cannot wait for the night sounds, that first night in Puerto Viejo - the sounds of the night birds, the insects, the animals and most of all, the waves crashing ashore as the tide comes in. And I am so close to the beach, that it is going to lull me to sleep every night. I don't think I've slept that close to the ocean since Palomem Beach in Goa, India. It's certainly incredible to think that in 6 short days, I will be woken up by the cries of morning birds and howler monkeys and be able to go for a run down the beach as the sun rises right in front of me and finish off with a swim in the Caribbean, followed by breakfast beach-side, replete with fresh Costa Rican coffee.

Can you not see why I find sitting on my couch, in some vain attempt to watch a movie that I actually enjoy, to be mostly boring? Hell, even the thought of going for an early evening walk in the drizzle outside is mostly uninteresting - rain notwithstanding. And seeing this, I ask myself how the hell I manage to do these mundane things 50 weeks out of the year? Sometimes I really think I was cut out for a completely different life. LoL! Don't mistake me; I love the life I live, but yes, sometimes the repetitiveness of it all is taxing. Ah well, it gives me loads to look forward to for my actual weeks far and away.

No comments:

Post a Comment