In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Es muy caliente aqui!

No lie, its 42 degrees with humidty - I am sweating in places I didn´t know that people could sweat from. LoL! Today was adventurous to say the least - almost died, lol. No lie - was snorkeling at Playa Uva today and the water was very choppy and the reefs are right at a break, so killer waves. It kept pushing me into the coral, where I found three stonefish within a 5 minute period. One stab from their quills, and it would´ve been nuclear pain and likely death. Fucking idiot that I am, I stuck there trying to take pictures of them while fighting the waves and current. Little did I know that my batteries were dead and I was taking nothing! Idiot, indeed!

So yeah, I did all of this while either really hungover or still drunk - cant decide which it will be.Met a bunchy of locals yesterday who work at - own a great bar on the outskirts of town, called The Point. Promised the owner I´d throw some photos online, so that is coming below - and trust me, if you want great ambiance and amazing food, this is where you want to go. This is an ex-pat bar (expats are people who live abroad while keeping their citizenship in their native country). I actually met a guy from Montreal there today, lol. So yeah, was there last night and mixed way too many substances to be healthy, barfed it all out behind a tree and then went back for more! LoL! The local swill, guaro, is not for the faint of heart, let me tell you...

So yeah, went back today to have ceviche de la casa (made with marlin today!) and man was it great! Also chomped down a plate of chicharones and pattacones, with pico de gallo and refried beans. With a pint of beer from a local micro-brewery. Wasnt even embarrased about my barf fest last night when I sat with the same crew today. LoL!

Tomorrow I will be going trekkiung in Manzanillo National Park - hoping to see some more animals and birds, as there havent been enough of them yet. Thursday I will head to the jaguar center, where yes, there are sloths and no sadly, they cannot be handled...

Photos_ You know it! :)


Playa Uva

The break point at Uva - aka where I almost died!

Artistic shot of driftwood at Uva

Went hiking up into the jungly cliff at Uva - gnarly!

While trekking, came across this river - lagoon

Playa Chiquita - better snorkeling here for sure

Fire ants that I almost stepped on - lol, another near miss!

Rather cool jungly trees - reminded me of Tarzan...

The rad pool room at The Point, Puerto Viejo

Ceviche and damned good at that! With a nice Segua.

Chicharones :) Not just in Mexico!

Some cool bird that kept following down the road...

A flock of pelicans

What a backpacker hostel looks like - Jealous?
Well, thats it for today´s update super friends... gotta go load up on water for my day long trek into Manzanillo tomorrow... come on sloths and toucans! Oh and monkey´s too... hey! Speaking of animals, I did see a jesus lizard today (basilisk) but did not have my camera and likely would not have been fast enough to shoot a picture anyways - it was running and VERY fucking fast, and yes on its back legs...

Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Well there goes the no drinking thing ;)
    We miss you!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better be careful mister!!! Animals, creatures and drinking are all fine but the swimming and the reefs!!! No no no no! You have to come back in full shape so you can tell me all your adventures and drink wine!!!

    ReplyDelete