In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Its Starting To Play Tricks On My Mind

And now that I've come into the last few days of waiting for lift-off, my sleeping mind is playing all sorts of havok on me. Dreams, full of awesome imagery, sounds, aromas and tastes, all of the possibilities, are making it very hard to get a full night's sleep. LoL. I am severely chomping at the bit. Last night I had one of the Pushkar Monkey Fight, but in Cahuita, so I guess I must be in for round two - hopefully I fare better this time, although not likely! :)

As much as I am not a big fan of big cities in general and San Jose specifically, the rooftop pool and bar area of my hostel there is making me wish I had've booked an extra day in SJ - still, I would seriously rather be on the coast for the whole week. But damn... that pool.

Pangea Hostel rooftop pool - San Jose, Costa Rica
Common Area above the pool deck, Pangea Hostel, San Jose

Is it any wonder this is the top pick of backpackers when coming to San Jose? The Lonely Planet sometimes can surprise a person and actually pick a nice place rather than one that pays well for placement. Just six more sleeps in Canada and then my ass will be plonked on one of those loungers, sucking down an Imperial (beer) and enjoying the amazing ambiance that those who do the all-inclusive resort thing never know. Yeah, still prejudiced against that style of traveling - would any long time reader really be at all surprised about that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment