In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Home, safe and sound...

... as sound as can be, after a nearly 26 hour travel time to get from San Jose to home again. Its a long and tedious story of flight delays due to weather, waiting around in airports for connections and buses all over the place. Regardless of it all, yes, I am home and doing all of my laundry to be sure no sand fleas followed me home - in fact doing the load twice just to be sure, as the little bastards can live underwater for a time.

But yes, home and exhausted. At least I can say I am clean and shaved. And all of my photos (930 of them) have been backed up three times. Now comes to process of sorting them, discarding the out of focus ones and getting a small library of the best assembled for processing in Lightroom and uploading to a Facebook library. That should take, oh, a week or two, lol...

Noticed on returning that there is a LOT of TV shows that started while I was away, so at least I will have something to fill those boring moments here at home when my brain will be thinking that' it's time to head to the beach for a swim or to go reefing.

I've noticed a real attitude switch since the incident with the bus and the tree and the truck - I really just don't feel like I care (to an extent) about not saying something to spare someone an uncomfortable moment. I really see how easy shit can happen now and I plan to take every advantage that comes my way now ... if I want something I will ask for it. If I don't want something, the person asking will know. No more fucking around with word games and spared feelings, they suck. Again, within reason, but yeah... life is too fucking short.

Really wish I was back in the jungle sweating my ass off and trying to avoid killer spiders and snakes though... this being home shit is tedious and prosaic. Come on 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment