In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica 2013

Here I go again! Central America and I have a love affair like none other and this time, during a time when most people eschew going south, I am heading to Costa Rica's Caribbean coast, to the surfer town of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca - a place never visited. In search of a sunrise, indeed ~ provided of course, I can wake my sorry ass out of bed in time to catch it! LoL! Departing in two weeks for another crazy jungle and sea based adventure as only Mr. 50/50 can do it. Tiger sharks, eyelash vipers, fer de lance, bullet ants, etc ... no worries. :)

Not at all crazy about the flight as I've heard it told by one who took it not too long back, but perhaps my technical layover in El Salvador won't be a two hour affair. Anyways, it doesn't matter; whether its 4pm local or 6pm local time, I will be in San Jose, deftly working my way through customs and outwards to my pre-arranged pickup to the hotel (gotta love those). By that time the next day, sitting my ass on Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo, beer in hand and going to figure all of this shit out that is spiraling around in the old noodle. The time for a refresh could not have come at a better time - and as we all know, no better place or person to get it all squared away for the better.

Counting down the days until arrival - 14 and counting. And it is taking too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment