In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weather Redux - General Thoughts

It's another day in workers paradise - simply gotta get through this week until departure day! Not as easy as I make it sound, no, not for one single moment.

My love affair with checking the weather in Puerto Viejo is still in force and to be honest, I am okay with that given what I've been seeing this morning ... sun, sun and more sun. Temp ranges between 30 and 40 degrees celsius. That aside, I am happy to know that there are two banks in Puerto Viejo - makes bringing american dollars largely unnecessary - I mean I will bring some of course, for the buses and hostels, which are asking to be paid in US bucks. And I don't really mind that since I booked online through an american website and our dollars are so similar right now anyways.

Been reading that there are a lot of amazing sodas to eat at between Cahuita and Playa Punta Uva - anyone who knows me, knows I'd rather eat the local fare than the fancy hipster freindly fare in restaurants that I can get here at home. Arroz y habichuelas, fried plantains and salad? Yes please! :) What I am really looking forward to, aside from a nice bowl of ceviche (which I will gladly drop money on for a good one) is fresh fried fish, served up with rice, beans and salad. And of course, a nice agua fresca to wash it all down!

One thing I am very grateful for is the fact that there aren't as many touts here in Costa Rica - nowhere near as many as in India. Everywhere you turn, someone trying to bilk you out of hard-earned money. I mean, I am used to it while away, those small lies, it's almost expected and can be fun if not taken too far or too seriously. But here at home? No, liars I have no use for at all - especially when the liars think they are seriously getting away with it. Lucky for me, I am neither naive nor without resources to glean the truth of the matter at hand. While away though, little white lies are the de facto means of getting though some situations - like my telling some Indians I was a cop back home to avoid all of the incessant offers of drugs and women, especially while in Khajuraho. LoL! But yes, less touts, less hassles...

And just to get back to the weather, that is so occupying my mind...

Travel dates - Sept 20 - Sept 28 - Looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment