In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Monday, September 23, 2013

Bienvenido a Puerto Viejo! FML

Sorry for the lack of updates guys and gals - the bank machines here in town have not been accepting my card for the last two days, which forced me to go to the local money changer and pull money from my mastercard - not bad in the end, as it only cost me 9000 colones to do it for 200 US dollars (which is like, 18 dollars in charges, bg deal). It was either that or not have any money at all... now I am good and can give you all some updates, lol!

The ride from San Jose on Saturday was pretty cool, going through mountain country and actually under a mountain in the process. I took lots of pics of this, as I had a window seat for the whole leg of the ride, through Limon and down into Cahuita and Puerto Viejo.

Checked in fine and the room is nice! The whole hostel is nice - very eco-lodge style and access to the beach is excellent! Gone on many early morning walks and had breakfast right on the beach - with fruit I have picked myself :) Last night, due to the money issues, I had a campfire on the beach (that is SOOO legal here) and cooked some hotdogs for dinner. That was awesome!

I´ve done some minor trekking and snorkeling since I´ve been here and seen quite a few cool critters - still no sign of a sloth, but I did see a howler monkey up in the trees. Couldnt get a photo though, as the only camera I had at the time does not have a zoom worth calling a zoom. Still, now with cash in hand, I can go to the Santuary and have baby monkeys crawling all over me.

Its fucking hot - averaging 38 every day, full sun - I havent sweat this much, sunup to sundown, since I dont know when .... thank god I have a cold water shower :)

So, all is well now, my welcome to the village is now solved and money is not the issue today it was yesterday. How about some photos???

Driving in the mountains around San Jose

River running through the moutain valleys

Beach side breakfast - hand picked!!!

Like this needs a caption!

Crane

Beach vulture

Its a jungle out there!

Skink on a log

Isla Cocles - gonna swin over later this week!

Gold Silk Orb Weaver - Creepy as fuck and EVERYWHERE!

I couldnt wait for Pixar to do it, so I found Dory!

Getting deeper, and no sharks!

Very deep trench, and still no sharks :(

Well, thats it kids - of to buy some rum at 10$ for a bottle :) Adios and until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Rum and fresh juice and the beach!!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure not bring any orb weavers with you, ishhhh. Other than that, looks damn awesome!

    ReplyDelete