In Search of a Sunrise

In Search of a Sunrise

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

No More Sleepless Nights...

I think Sir Paul McCartney had the title of the song wrong - it isn't No More Lonely Nights. The excitement for being up and away must be buried quite deep because it's only nailing me when I am asleep and man oh man, is it ever hard to stay asleep. I'm so ambivalent about flying off to exciting new places that I rarely get all 'kid on Xmas morning' about it, but this time around, yeah, its fucking with my brain while I am asleep. If I were a superstitious person who believed in signs and portents, I would be worried. This is almost a week now that this has been happening - kind of fucking annoying, truth be told. And on waking up, there is that lingering feeling that I've forgotten something, that something has been left undone, do you know what I mean? I kind of feel like my guard is up about something and I don't quite know what it is ... I feel like Obi Wan fucking Kenobi did at the start of the Phantom Menace for christ's sake.

Tonight, I am riding the melatonin express... and that's okay. It'll one sleep closer to a place I love the best and doing the things that I love best - being Indiana Joe, one more time. Hopefully just not in as shitty a way as that poor excuse for a fourth film with fucking aliens in it, lol!

Three working days left until departure - yeah, maybe the kid in me is coming out after all! Wee!

No comments:

Post a Comment